I love lamp. I first came across this brass arc table lamp on Pinterest, and it was definitely love at first sight. I’ve since decided that my desk is too dark and I really need a task lamp. Of course this was one of the first things that came to mind. I found the Arion version at DwellStudio, but at $650, it’s more than my rent and so very obviously not happening. I needed to find an affordable version.
The marble chunk of a base is what makes this one a real knockout piece, but what really stuck with me was the vintage globe shade. Mid-century arc lamps are popping up everywhere, and it’s a trend I fully support. My parents used to have one in my house growing up, and I’ve been mourning it’s loss. What better way to bring it back than in a mini version on my desk?
Here are eight cheaper globe table lamps, all in the $60-$120 range:
1. 1960s eyeball lamp – via The Vintage Shop
2. Cyber table lamp – via Overstock.com
3. Black atomic ball desk lamp – via Ebay
4. Solaris table lamp – via Overstock.com
5. Modern clip lamp in gold – via Land of Nod
6. Vintage silver eyeball desk lamp – via Ebay
7. Gold gumball task lamp – via Urban Outfitters
8. Mid-century chrome ball table lamp -via Ebay
How do you light your room? Will you be hopping on the mid-century lamp trend?